Saturday, May 10, 2008

Exercise 2 - Programming

Instruction: Circle the correct answer.

1. _____________ is a set of commands or instructions which directs a computer in doing
a task.
A. Program C. Programmer
B. Language D. Programming Language


2. The commands or instructions of C language programming were written in
language.
A. Tamil C. English
B. Malay D. Mandarin


3. Human communicates with computer using _______________ language.
A. sign C. Machine
B. English D. Programming


4. The commands or instructions of a program will be _________________ before executing.
A. running C. compiled
B. transfer D. changing


5. Programming language is a language used to ____________ computer programs .
A. draw C. read
B. write D. listen



6. Programming language is a set of _________ that enable human to communicate
with computer.
I. codes
II. words
III. symbols

A. I C. I and II
B. II D. All the above


7. ___________ is one of the programming languages.
A. Greek C. PASCAL
B. France D. Swedish



8. Each programming language has its own ___________ for writing the commands and/ or instructions.
I. rules

II. Signal
III. standard
IV. language

A. I and II C. II and III
B. I and III D. II, III and IV



9. Machine language is the _________________ .
A. natural language
B. low-level programming language
C. high-level programming language
D. very high-level programming language


10. Assembly language is the ____________ generation programming language.
A. first C. fourth
B. third D. second

11. ____________ language programmers write instructions using mnemonic instruction
codes.
A. Natural C. Assembly
B. Machine D. Procedural


12. ____________ is an example of high-level programming language.
A. PASCAL C. Artificial Intelligent
B. Machine language D. Assembly language


13. _______________ programming language is usually limited to a very specific application that
might use syntax which is never used in other programming languages.
A. Natural C. High-level
B. Low-level D. Very high-level


14. _____________ programming allows people to interact with computers without needing
any specialized knowledge.
A. First C. Third
B. Fifth D. Second

15. _______________ is an example of a fourth generation programming language.

A. Basic C. Intellect
B. COBOL D. FORTRAN



16. Programs written in a ______________ programming language must be translated into
machine language by a compiler or interpreter.
A. natural C. high-level
B. low-level D. very high-level


17. The ____________ programming language provides a visual or graphical interface for
creating source code.
A. natural C. high-level
B. low-level D. very high-level


18. ____________ is an example of fifth generation programming languages.
A. C++ C. Visual Basic
B. Prolog D. Query Language


19. There are two types of programming approaches, which are _________ programming.
I. object III. structured
II. design IV. object-oriented

A. I and II C. II and III
B. I and III D. III and IV


20. Structured programming is a technique for organising and coding computer programs in which a ___________ of modules is used.
A. hierarchy C. bottom-up
B. flow chart D. pseudo code


21. Structured programming frequently employs a __________ design approach.
A. waterfall C bottom-up
B top-down D. object-oriented


22. _________________ are the examples of structured programming languages.
I. Ada III. Pascal
II. SQL IV. Smalltalk

A. I and II C. I,II and IV
B. I and III D. I,III and IV


23. The __________________ design approach enables a programmer to package the data and program (or procedure) into a single unit, called an object.
A. object C. structured
B. waterfall D. object-oriented


24. In an object-oriented programming, it’s objects can inherit _________________ from other objects.
I. codes III. functions
II. action IV. characteristics

A. I and II C. I, II and IV
B. I and III D. I, III and IV


25. _______________ are popular object-oriented programming languages.
I. ADA III. Java
II. C++ IV. Visual Basic

A. I and II C. I, II and IV
B. I and III D. II, III and IV


26. The __________ in object-oriented programming contains both data and functions.
A. role C. object
B. action D. module


27. The object-oriented design approach enables a programmer to package the _____________________ into a single unit, called an object.
I. data III. program
II. module IV. Function

A. I and IV C. I, II and III
B. II and III D. I, III and IV


28. The object-oriented approach refers to a special type of programming approach that
combines data with __________ to create objects.
A. design C. function
B. module D. structure

No comments: